SSO of America was formed for the express purpose of helping make available independent education for students in Georgia
utilizing House Bill 1133. SSO of America is committed to supporting independent schools in their efforts to educate our next generation.
- SSO America is committed to supporting independent schools in their efforts to educate the next generation of Georgians.
- SSO America utilizes GA House Bill 1133 to provide funding and tax credits to individuals and corporations who donate to independent schools.
- SSO America is able to provide scholarships to students as well as direct contributions to independent schools.
- SSO America eligible students include those who are "Georgia residents enrolled in a Georgia secondary or primary public school or eligible to enroll in a qualified first grade, kindergarten or pre-kindergarten program".
- SSO America contributors may take advantage of the up to $2,500 Tax Credit for the State of Georgia. Individuals can donate up to $1,000, a married couple filing jointly can donate up to $2,500, S-Corps and LLCs can donate up to $10,000, and C-Corps can donate up to 75% of their tax liability.
- SSO America is a privately managed, non-profit, 501c3 organization, not a government agency. SSO of America, not the state of Georgia, provides scholarships to students at its Participating Schools. SSO of America serves as an information clearing house; providing information, insights and support regarding marketing the benefits of this tuition tax credit program; monitoring legal and regulatory developments; soliciting contributions from corporations; and promoting the program in the CPA and financial community.